A huge ice rink, a giant observation wheel, thrilling rides, themed bars, and a Magical Ice Kingdom! We are talking about the Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, an annual favourite for Londoners and tourists alike. Making its return to the city for the 16th year, this year’s Winter Wonderland must be on top of your bucket list. It’s the ultimate family fun destination and perfect to get into the festive spirit.
Running from 17th November to 1st January’24, you’ll also find a real ice slide, a German-style Bavarian Village hosting live music, circus shows and so much more for a well-spent day to cherish forever.
Top Activities to Look Out For
Here are some of the most unmissable activities at this year’s Hyde Park Winter Wonderland that you can enjoy with an impeccable stay experience at the Park Avenue J Hotel Hyde Park.
- At less than a five-minute walk from your hotel, grab the chance to ice-skate on the Winter Wonderland ice rink (the largest outdoor rink in the UK) while listening to live music playing in the backdrop.
- See acrobatic wonders at a circus show and soar high in the sky on the giant observation wheel with a view of the twinkling lights below.
- Take a ride on the traditional carousel and if you’re feeling more adventurous, there are nine thrilling roller coaster rides awaiting you at the fairground!
- Head to the Magical Ice Kingdom and discover secret passageways made of sculpted ice, a snow-tunnel ice slide, a crystal carriage and more.
- If a walk-through experience is on your mind, take on the Edelweiss Funhouse, with a mind-boggling 300m obstacle course and captivating illusion rooms for the most memorable adventure.
Winter Wonderland’s Christmas Market
Start your day with a scrumptious breakfast near Hyde Park and browse the Winter Wonderland’s traditional Christmas market, one of the biggest ones in London. Experience an alluring scene at the much-awaited open-air market with chalets overflowing with vibrant festive goods along with cheery vendors selling eclectic Christmas decorations, jewellery, trinkets, arts, and crafts and more.
Best Family Activities at Winter Wonderland
After exploring the Christmas market and getting yourself and your loved ones some unique souvenirs, it is now time to try out some fun, family-friendly activities, perfect for people of all ages.
- Catch a daytime show such as the Cirque Beserk and Zippos Christmas Circus at Winter Wonderland, moments away from luxurious hotels near Hyde Park, for an exciting experience.
- Meet Father Christmas at Santa’s grotto in the Winter Wonderland’s Santaland and even get a small gift to remember and look back at!
Exploring Winter Wonderland’s Food Scene
No trip to Hyde Park’s iconic Winter Wonderland is complete without exploring its spectacular food and drinks scene.
- Feel free to relax with your favourite cocktail at one of the bars made of ice here. (Don’t forget to pack your warm attire).
- With your accommodation Near Hyde Park London, get on a thrilling ride on the carousel (a highlight of the event) and enjoy a slow 360-degree spin with a view and a drink.
- Sample the delectable sweet and savoury treats under the festive lights and your favourite live band playing in the background.
- Sit by the log fires and enjoy warming seasonal food, hot chocolate, and fresh craft ales, to make the most of the cold weather.
The opening time for Winter Wonderland is 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. on all days except Christmas Day, with the last entry at 9.30 p.m.
Remember, during off-peak times, entry to the Winter Wonderland is free. However, during peak times, access to some activities may require a paid ticket. So, make sure to book your tickets in advance for the best experience.